Happy International Women’s Day!
March 8 is the annual celebration of International Women’s Day, and this year’s theme is “Break the Bias”.
In line with this theme, we are urging everyone to develop a greater understanding about gender bias, and be more aware of its existence. The statistics below illustrate the gender bias very well:
- 42% of women experience gender discrimination at work.
- 5 of the 14 top barriers women face in the workplace are related to discrimination and gender bias.
- Both men and women are twice as likely to hire a male candidate.
- Women are 79 times more likely to be hired when there are at least two female candidates in the finalist pool.
- Women are 25-46% more likely to be hired with blind applications or auditions.
- Half of men believe women are well-represented at their company, when 90% of senior leaders are men.
GDFM is proud to recognise the importance of equity, diversity, and inclusion in all aspects of our business, throughout the year.
We are delighted to report that 54% of our staff are female. Our highest earning employee, and 50% of our top 10 highest earning employees are female. Furthermore, men and women are equally represented in our leadership team.
Our workforce is diverse, not only in terms of gender but also in terms of race, religion, and backgrounds. This is something we actively nurture and we ensure that equal pay is maintained.
That being said, there is more we can do. Our Academy is constantly improved and expanded, and we are working on introducing training (such as unconscious bias training programme) that will ensure that we recognise that a more women-friendly workplace, is also a more human-friendly workplace that benefits all of us and our clients.
If you have any further ideas on how to #BreakTheBias, please get in touch with us. We are keen to l to further enhance equity, diversity and inclusion in GDFM.
Happy International Women’s Day everyone!